John K. Pocus
In 2006, John Pocus earned a degree in History and Theatre from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. After graduation, he received a Fulbright fellowship to teach English and study Catalan in the Principality of Andorra. Later, he attended the University of Alabama School of Law and was admitted to the Alabama bar in 2012.
During the course of his career, John has defended cases in a variety of practice areas including: transportation law, premises liability, toxic tort litigation, products liability, construction law and employment law. John also specializes in providing complex coverage analysis and opinions for the firm’s insurance clients.
Being fluent in Spanish, John is able to communicate with key witnesses in cases without the use of an interpreter to the benefit of his clients. This skill has proven invaluable on more than one occasion. In his free time, John enjoys spending time with his wife, Alina.
- B.A. University of Alabama at Birmingham 2006
- J.D. University of Alabama 2012
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Alabama State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama