Robert E. Cooper
An undergraduate and law school graduate of the University of Alabama, Robert “Bob” Cooper was admitted to the bar in 1977. During the course of his career, Bob has tried more than 100 cases to a jury verdict defending a wide variety of claims. He has tried cases in most of Alabama’s 67 counties and in all three of Alabama’s Federal District Courts.
Over the years, Bob’s diverse practice has included the representation of businesses and individuals in the manufacturing, commercial transportation, health care, insurance and medical device industries. Bob has a significant amount of experience defending businesses and medical providers in all types of personal injury and professional negligence matters. He regularly appears on behalf of his professional clients before the various authorities that regulate professional conduct. Bob’s practice also includes representing his insurance clients in matters involving negligence, fraud, and bad faith.
Bob has received an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Additionally, he is listed in Best Lawyers in America and has been designated as a Mid-South Super Lawyer. Bob has also been recognized as a Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation.
Bob is married to Alexis Cooper. They have two adult daughters.
- B.S. University of Alabama 1974
- J.D. University of Alabama School of Law 1977
- Fellow Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow American Bar Foundation
- Fellow International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow Alabama Law Foundation
- Fellow Birmingham Bar Foundation
- Member International Association of Defense Counsel
- Member Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Member Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Member Transportation Lawyers Association
- Member Defense Research Institute
- Member Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Member American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member Alabama State Bar
- Member Birmingham Bar Association
- Admitted in all Alabama state and Federal courts
- Admitted U.S. Circuit of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- Admitted U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Recognized as a Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation